Panorama NIPT Screening For Fetal Abnormalities From Mother’s Blood.
Panorama NIPT is the diagnosis of fetal chromosomal abnormalities in your mother’s blood. Also called NIPT (Non-Invasive Prenatal Testing). Highlights of the NIPT is safe for baby. It will be used to venipuncture mother’s blood in the amount of 20 cc to detect the DNA of the baby floating in the mother’s blood. This is different from amniocentesis or CVS with a risk of miscarriage as high as 0.5 to 1.0%
NIPT examination can detect abnormalities that often found the baby in the womb like
- Trisomy 21 (Down syndrome)
- Trisomy 18 (Edwards syndrome)
- Trisomy 13 (Patau syndrome)
- Monosomy X (Turner syndrome)
- Triploidy or Vanishing Twins
NIPT examination will provide more than 99% accuracy in both Trisomy 21, Trisomy 18, Trisomy 13, and also have a false positive less than 0.1%, or No false positives
NIPT examination is the only technique in the world that uses the Single Nucleotide Polymorphism (SNP) technique to isolate baby’s DNA from a mother’s DNA. To analyze the disorder of the baby. And the results of the test with more than 99%accuracy even if the amount of DNA floating in the mother’s blood (Fetal fraction) is lower to 4%.
For Massively Parallel Shotgun Sequencing Techniques (MPSS). If fetal fraction or DNA’s baby floats in mother’s blood contains more than 8%, accuracy remains at 99%. But if the fetal fraction is between 4-8%, Accuracy will drop to only 75%. According to statistics, 25% of pregnant mothers during week 9-14 had a fetal fraction below 8%. Therefore, the NIPT technique provides more accuracy.
The examination is suitable for Mother’s
- Pregnant over 35 years old on EDC (Expected Date of Confinement)
- Pregnant with abnormal child or abortion for more than 2 times.
- Pregnant with family history of chromosomal abnormalities.
- Pregnant that abnormal Infants From ultrasound examination
- Pregnant that serum examination from mother’s blood was positive or high risk.
Pregnant mothers can receive NIPT from the age of 9 weeks of pregnancy at leading hospitals across the country. The NIPT examination will know the result within 10 – 14 days. The cost of the examination will be about 20,000 – 30,000 Baht depending on each hospital.
Comments are closed.